Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tanor's Owners Give Odds on American Idol


I can't believe I haven't talked about American Idol. At all. Sorry I've been falling behind. I'll also post a new poll (finally) so please vote.


American Idol is down to it's final four (I realize they are REALLY down to final three, but I SWEAR I haven't watched the results show from last night yet) and here is the analysis: (And I'm not going to look up the correct way to spell everyone's name, because I don't care, and I don't want to accidentally find out who got booted last night. Stupid internet.).


1. David Cook. Odds of winning it all, 5,746,000:1. Why do you think they are so bad? Because I want him to win of course. I have downloaded all of his tunes from itunes, but no, still ahven't ever sent in my text to vote on the show. I just can't stoop that low. But any man who can go from "wow I don't even like to look at him" at the beginning of the season, to "wow I can't wait until he sings a new song" is okay in my book. Everything he touches is sweet sweet sugar in my ears. The dude prompted the addition of a Mariah Carey song into my ipod ferchrissake.


2. David Archuletta. Odds of winning it all, 2:1. I'm sure his creepy dad-ager has figured out a way to rig the votes. And if that's not enough, you have the whole state of Utah behind him. Not to mention all the 12-17 year old girls who for some reason all have their own cell phones now, along with parents who are freaking out at the sight of this months cell phone bills. But what do they care. All good dads support their kids right? Does anyone else think this kid looks like that blind opera singer guy? And his dancing. I mean really. stand there with mike in left hand, and every four bars raise your right hand, no higher than your breastbone. Then lower again. Repeat several times.


3. Jason Castro. Odds of winning it all, 700:1. I can't stand this kid. He has smoked one too many doobies in his short life, and it shows. This is your brain on drugs, this is your brain on drugs on American Idol. To make matters worse, I have a VERY close friend for some reason thinks this guy hung the moon. That's why his odds weren't worse, for her sake only. But I'm seriously reconsidering our friendship. We obviously have extremely different tastes. lol JUST KIDDING.


4. Syesha Mercado. Odds of winning it all, 10:1. Only because stranger things have happened. And she has kinda gotten into her thing lately. And she's riding the Dreamgirls wave of the black girls with the big voices. Black girls have had big voices since the beginning of time (just go to any baptist church). Too bad they haven't made any money on the radio since Aretha Franklin quit recording.


So there you have it. I have been a fan long enough to think that I'm pretty right on. But I'm POSITIVE you all will comment and disagree.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I watched the show once when there were only 5 left. I personally don't think that any of them are American "Idols". In my humble opinion, there are only three true Idols from that show: Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry (I am thankful the guy didn't win, he might have gone down the same shitty tube as the rest of the "winners"). Kelly and Carrie, because I actually have bought and like their music. Feel free to disagree fans, but...I have two words for you if you do: Reuben Studdard?

J, B, O, J & Z said...

I have to agree with Jenn. I love the three she listed. Although my mom might argue that Clay Aiken should be added. She is a total Claymate. Anyway, I agree with your entire assesment of the final four. Can't stand Jason or David Archuleta. Like David Cook. Although I haven't voted either so what does it really matter.

Danielle said...

Dude..like I totally dig Jason man!! You just need to relax man and chill out on the criticism! LOL

No for real though...I loved the songs he picked..I would probably buy a CD of his..but the night before he got booted....he totally deserved every bad comment he got.
My opinion though is that he got so frustrated that the other Idols wouldn't let him smoke his doobies around them that he wanted to leave, so he purposely bombed.
So now I am saying it's gonna be Archuleta..merely for the fact that he wore leather pants and the little girls still thought he was hot! Gag! And I totally agree on the blind thing..open your freakin eyes dude!!